Get Out of Your Comfort Zone!
What would motivate you to get out of your “comfort zone?” Many of you just completed BPA competition and for many, this was a real stretch. You may have been encouraged to participate by your instructor or fellow students. But, now that it is completed, let’s reflect!
What skills did you improve upon during the process?
- Was it really as “frightening” as you thought?
- Do you feel better prepared and empowered to tackle the next opportunity?
- What would you say to others who shy away from such opportunities?
As an instructor, I have had the privilege of seeing (and perhaps “pushing”) many students step out of their comfort zone. However, they grew in leadership, confidence, teamwork, and service to others. Many times these student reached a potential that they themselves never even thought they had!
Three reasons why getting out of your comfort zone is essential:
- Comfort zones change the very essence of who you are—you are what you do!
- Contentment breeds laziness. When you’re content, you don’t strive. When you don’t strive, you rarely push your limits!
- Your comfort zone prevents growth – become instead uncomfortable and growing!
So I ask, will you take that step out of your comfort zone and embrace the next opportunity that comes your way?